- Tour Plan
- Additional Info
- Similar Tours
- 4x4 Safari vehicle with pop-up roof
- Airport transfers
- All accommodation and meals as specified
- All activities as stipulated in the itinerary
- All government taxes/levies
- English-speaking and highly educated driver
- Park Fees
- Drinks and dining rooms tips, porterage, personal travel and baggage insurance
- Driver guide or local escort gratuities
- Gorilla Habituation permit ($600) and optional activities
- International flights
- Medical, evacuation or travel insurance
- Visa arrangements
Situated on a peninsula in Lake Victoria, the former seat of Uganda’s government, Entebbe is just a short drive from the current capital and offers plenty to keep visitors amused. This charming town features tree-lined streets and serves as an excellent base from which to explore the surrounding area. Tourists can look forward to spending days on beautiful beaches along the banks of Lake Victoria, stroll through the fields and forests of the magnificent Botanical Gardens, or pay a visit to Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary, a haven for country’s orphaned chimps.
Located on the edge of the Great Rift Valley, the Ugandan town of Hoima lies about 30 kilometres from Lake Albert and serves as a gateway to all the attractions of the lake and the Murchison Falls area. The town features dusty streets lined with colourful buildings and is surrounded by lush green hills. Hoima is set at the heart of the Kingdom of Bunyoro-Kitara. Visitors can look forward to visiting the Nyamyarro Museum displaying its 1000-year-old ornately decorated traditional throne, discover the Mparo Tombs, a historical burial ground and explore the Katasiha Fort situated just two kilometres from Hoima Town.
- Day 1-
- Day 2-
- Day 3-
- Day 4-
- On arrival at the airport, you will be warmly welcomed by your Safari Ventures representative who will then transfer you to Entebbe or Kampala depending on your arrival time.
- Overnight at Best Western Premier Garden Hotel
- Bed and breakfast provided
- Kampala – Bwind Inpenetrable Forest Travel time is approximately 8 hours
- After breakfast, you will set off for Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. The ancient rainforest of Bwindi spans 321 sq. km and boasts 90 mammal species, the infamous mountain gorillas, a range of primates, as well as 23 Albertine Rift endemic bird species, including the African Green Broadbill, the Bar Tailed Trogon.
- You will stop en route to look at the Royal Drum makers and see the Equator where you can stand in both hemispheres simultaneously.
- From there you continue through the terraced hillsides of Uganda arriving to Bwindi in the evening in time for dinner.
- Overnight at Lake Mulehe Gorilla lodge or Ichumbi Safari Lodge on a
- Full board provided
- Bwindi – Gorilla Habituation
- After an early breakfast, you will head out for the Gorilla habituation experience.
- This can only be done in Uganda.
- Get close to one Gorilla family along with researchers and a guide for 4 hours.
- Watch these amazing giants as they start to get fond of people right in the wild and also see their behavior in a natural habitat.
- Later in the afternoon, you can rest or have an optional nature walk or community visit
- Overnight at Lake Mulehe Gorilla lodge or Ichumbi Safari Lodge
- full board provided
End of Itinerary
- Bwindi –Entebbe. Approximately 8 hours
- After breakfast, transfer back to Entebbe by road and connect to your homeward flight or continue to explore the beauty of Uganda.
- Please note: flights are available from Bwindi to Entebbe
More about Uganda
More about this tour
For a detailed itinerary, please visit below.
- First steps to planning a Safari- "Tips to Planning a Safari Adventure"